Mari New! Fluor Pink
We know that, sometimes by choice and sometimes by duty, we carry our phone every day. For making it more comfortable, we’ve handmade Mari with recycled eco-leather in our small workshop Málaga.
Sizes and details:
- 19 cm x 11 cm (internal sizes: 18,5 cm x 10,5 cm)
- Cord strap with carabiner included (choose your favorite color). Size: 60 cm (63 cm including the carabiner).
- Is it plastic? Does it have plastic ? : No, we hate plastic! We do not use plastics in our production.
- Is it animal skin ?: Yes, recycled leather is obtained exclusively from bovine leather and not from other hides.
- How is it obtained? : everything that is recycled undergoes a regeneration process. Paper, cardboard, plastic, cotton ... when they are recycled they undergo an industrial process by which they are transformed. The same thing happens with our recycled leather: bovine leather is regenerated and transformed into a new material.
- Do you wear something else other than animal skin ?: Yes, it has natural latex in the finish and in the dough. Natural latex comes from the sap of the rubber tree (Hevea Brasiliensis). It is a hypoallergenic and breathable material and, unlike synthetic, it is not derived from petroleum, whose main components are butadiene and styrene.
- Is it easy to care for and preserve? Yes, it is an easy to clean material and much more suffering than leather. For example: it is not dramatically affected by phenomena such as rain or sun, nor is it scratched excessively, unlike the original skin.
AND HERE WE TELL YOU MORE ABOUT THIS MATERIAL:
Recycled eco-leather is a very durable material, easy to care for and a sustainable quality option that offers many possibilities. It is a real and sustainable alternative to plastic and other materials from petroleum that has the Oeko Tex Leather Standard certification .
We firmly believe that recycling is the future and one of the keys to saving our planet. That is why we bet on a recycled material such as our eco-leather that, in addition, has the appearance, touch and smell of natural leather. This is because to obtain it, the same process that is used in tanneries is carried out and it is produced with the same machinery and methods used with the original leather.
To produce recycled leather, our local supplier uses bovine fibers obtained in the tanning process; that is, when the skin is divided to equalize or reduce its thickness. In summary, the material comes from waste that until now has been burned through a highly polluting industrial process. Therefore, we believe that we are giving value to this waste again and turning something so negative in this industry into something positive.
In the process of creating this material, bovine fibers are combined only with natural latex (never plastic) in a unique ecological machinery. As a result, our products have the smoothness, uniformity and aroma of the finest skin.
AH! We forgot: our trusted supplier of recycled leather is also MADE IN SPAIN;)